Language: English
Subject: Fiction, Literature, Poetry
Collections: Tony Kline Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Tony Kline

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Von Goethe, J. W., & A.S. Klin, T. B. (n.d.). Selected Poems of Johann Wolgang Von Goethe. Retrieved from http://community.worldlibrary.org/

Description
Classic Literature

Excerpt
Excerpt: Now I leave this little hut, Where my beloved lives, Walking now with veiled steps Through the shadowy leaves. Luna shines through bush and oak, Zephyr proclaims her path, And the birch trees bowing low Shed incense on her track. How beautiful the coolness Of this lovely summer night! How the soul fills with happiness In this true place of quiet! I can scarcely grasp the bliss! Yet, Heaven, I would shun A thousand nights like this, If my darling granted one.

Table of Contents
Contents The Lovely Night.................................................................................. 6 May Song ................................................................................................. 7 Welcome and Farewell....................................................................... 9 The Rose-Bush on The Moor ........................................................ 11 The Violet............................................................................................... 12 The Artist’s Evening Song.............................................................. 13 New Love, New Life......................................................................... 14 To Belinda ............................................................................................ 15 ‘Holde Lili, warst so lang’ .............................................................. 16 The Traveller’s Night Song I......................................................... 17 The Traveller’s Night Song II ....................................................... 18 The Fisherman...................................................................................... 19 The ErlKing........................................................................................... 21 ‘Wer nie sein Brot’............................................................................. 23 Mignon..................................................................................................... 24 ‘Heiss mich nicht redden,’.............................................................. 25 ‘Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt’ ..................................................... 26 To The Moon (Final Version) ....................................................... 27 Song Of The Spirits Over The Water ........................................ 29 To Charlotte Von Stein ....................................................................31 ‘Du bist mein und bist so zierlich,’............................................. 34 Measuring Time................................................................................... 35 Anacreon’s Grave ............................................................................... 36 Roman Elegies I .................................................................................. 37 Roman Elegies II (First Version)................................................. 38 Roman Elegies III............................................................................... 39

Click To View

Additional Books

• War Song (by )
  • Song of a Train (by )
  • A Runnable Stag (by )
  • Aubade (by )
  • It Is Not Beauty I Demand (by )
  • The Face on the Barroom Floor (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Love Is a Sickness (by )
  • The Pleasure Boat (by )
  • The Sheep and the Bramble-Bush (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.