Language: English
Subject: Fiction, Literature, Poetry
Collections: Tony Kline Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Tony Kline

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Von Goethe, J. W., & A.S. Klin, T. B. (n.d.). Faust Parts I and Ii. Retrieved from http://community.worldlibrary.org/

Description
Classic Literature

Excerpt
Excerpt: Again you show yourselves, you wavering Forms, Revealed, as you once were, to clouded vision. Shall I attempt to hold you fast once more? Heart?s willing still to suffer that illusion? You crowd so near! Well then, you shall endure, And rouse me, from your mist and cloud?s confusion: My spirit feels so young again: it?s shaken By magic breezes that your breathings waken.

Table of Contents
Contents Part I: Dedication .................................................................................... 6 Part I: Prelude On Stage....................................................................... 8 Part I: Prologue In Heaven ............................................................... 16 Part I Scene I: Night ............................................................................ 22 Part I Scene II: In Front Of The City-Gate................................ 41 Part I Scene III: The Study ............................................................... 59 Part I Scene IV: The Study............................................................... 75 Part I Scene V: Auerbach’s Cellar in Leipzig........................ 103 Part I Scene VI: The Witches’ Kitchen..................................... 125 Part I Scene VII: A Street................................................................ 143 Part I Scene VIII: Evening, ............................................................ 148 Part I Scene IX: Promenade ........................................................... 155 Part I Scene X: The Neighbour’s House .................................. 159 Part I Scene XI: The Street............................................................. 171 Part I Scene XII: The Garden........................................................ 175 Part I Scene XIII: An Arbour in the Garden........................... 186 Part I Scene XIV: Forest and Cavern......................................... 189 Part I Scene XV: Gretchen’s Room............................................ 197 Part I Scene XVI: Martha’s Garden............................................ 199 Part I Scene XVII: At The Fountain........................................... 208 Part I Scene XVIII: A Tower......................................................... 212 Part I Scene XIX: Night................................................................... 214 Part I Scene XX: The Cathedral................................................... 224 Part I Scene XXI: Walpurgis Night............................................ 228 Part I Scene XXII: A Walpurgis Night’s Dream.................. 249 Part I Scene XXIII: Gloomy Day ................................................ 260 Part I Scene XXIV: Night ............................................................... 264 Part I Scene XXV: A Dungeon..................................................... 265

Click To View

Additional Books

• War Song (by )
  • Song of a Train (by )
  • A Runnable Stag (by )
  • Aubade (by )
  • It Is Not Beauty I Demand (by )
  • The Face on the Barroom Floor (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Love Is a Sickness (by )
  • The Pleasure Boat (by )
  • The Sheep and the Bramble-Bush (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.