Language: English
Subject: Fiction, Literature, Poetry
Collections: Tony Kline Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: Tony Kline

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Anonymous,, & George Theodoridis, T. B. (n.d.). Lines of Love Wine and Song : The Muses at Work. Retrieved from http://community.worldlibrary.org/

Description
Classic Literature

Excerpt
Excerpt: Today, Eros, of the golden locks used a purple ball to make me play with a child. A girl, wearing odd sandals. But she, born in beautiful Lesbos, looks at me, finds fault with my hair - it?s grey, you see!- and turns from me to gawk at some other child, Another girl.

Table of Contents
Contents Anacreon ...................................................................5 Odd Sandals...............................................................5 Prayer to Dionysius.................................................6 Water and Wine ......................................................7 Anonymous ...............................................................9 Thinking Mate ........................................................9 Asclepiades..............................................................10 Nicorete and Cleophon .........................................10 Tryphera................................................................11 Bacchylides .............................................................12 Happiness..............................................................12 Ode to Hekate .......................................................12 The Test of Virtue.................................................13 Hedylus....................................................................14 Let Us Drink .........................................................14 Ibycus ......................................................................15 No Rest for Love ..................................................15 Ion of Chios .............................................................17 Untamable Child...................................................17 Melanippides ...........................................................18 Wine after Water...................................................18 Poseidippus..............................................................19 Archianax..............................................................19

Click To View

Additional Books

• War Song (by )
  • Song of a Train (by )
  • A Runnable Stag (by )
  • Aubade (by )
  • It Is Not Beauty I Demand (by )
  • The Face on the Barroom Floor (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Delia (by )
  • Love Is a Sickness (by )
  • The Pleasure Boat (by )
  • The Sheep and the Bramble-Bush (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.