Language: English
Subject: Fiction, Poetry, Verse drama
Collections: Poetry Collection
Historic
Publication Date:
Publisher: World Public Library Association

Citation

APA MLA Chicago

Cummings, E. E. (n.d.). Collected Works of E. E. Cummings. Retrieved from http://community.worldlibrary.org/

Description
Poetry

Excerpt
Excerpt: If freckles were lovely, and day was night, // And measles were nice and a lie warn't a lie, // Life would be delight,- // But things couldn't go right // For in such a sad plight // I wouldn't be I. // If earth was heaven and now was hence, // And past was present, and false was true, // There might be some sense // But I'd be in suspense // For on such a pretense // You wouldn't be you. // If fear was plucky, and globes were square, // And dirt was cleanly and tears were glee // Things would seem fair,- // Yet they'd all despair, // For if here was there // We wouldn't be we. // e.e. cummings // The Eagle // 1 // It was one of those clear,sharp.mustless days // That summer and man delight in. // Never had Heaven seemed quite so high, // Never had earth seemed quite so green, // Never had the world seemed quite so clean // Or sky so nigh. // And I heard the Deity's voice in // The sun's warm rays, // And the white cloud's intricate maze, // And the blue sky's beautiful sheen. // 2 // I looked to the heavens and saw him there,- // A black speck downward drifting, // Nearer and nearer he steadily sailed, // Nearer and nearer he slid through space...

Click To View

Additional Books

• The Garden (by )
  • The Smooth Divine (by )
  • Sonnets from the Portuguese, And Other P... (by )
  • I Know Not How It Falls on Me (by )
  • In These Days (by )
  • The Love Song of J Alfred Prufrock (by )
  • Promise (by )
  • The Wanderer (by )
  • Sonnets from the Portuguese, And Other P... (by )
  • Gordon Bottomley (by )
  • Give All to Love (by )
  • Frederick Douglass (by )
Scroll Left
Scroll Right

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.