World Library  

• Cover Image

Ades Web Magazine: Rome

By: Manuel Balossi

The Roman Forum was the political, commercial and religious center of Ancient Rome: walking among arches, temples in ruins, stone paved streets towards the Coliseum is a unique experience

Read More
  • Cover Image

Miracles Can Happen

By: Rav Michael Laitman

For children of all ages: ten enchanting tales that describe how Miracles Can Happen when we open our eyes to the joy and beauty that comes from being connected with others. This heartfelt collection of children's stories creates an appreciation for Nature's wondrous ways, revealing the eternal truth that only together can we do something truly wonderful.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Wingman Magazine : Volume 2, Issue 2 ; Spring 2009: Volume 2, Issu...

By: Lieutenant Colonel Thomas Greetan, Editor

Description: The United States Air Force Journal of Aviation, Ground, Space, and Weapons Safety.

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Reservist Magazine : April 1997: April 1997

By: Edward J. Kruska, Editor

Description: Magazine of the U.S. Coast Guard Reserve.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Strategic Studies Quarterly : Volume 4, Issue 4 ; Winter 2010: Vol...

By: Col. W. Michael Guillot, Editor

Description: Professional forum for air, space, and cyberspace power- related ideas on strategy, international security and defense policy.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Program Manager Magazine : March-April 2000: March-April 2000

By: Collie Johnson

Description: This is a bi-monthly magazine which is produced by the Defense Acquisitions University.

Read More
  • Cover Image

National Food Review : 1981: Issue No. 14, 1981

By: Rosanna Mentzer Morrison

Description: Published from 1978-1990, this magazine contains nontechnical, general interest articles and historical data on food supply, food demand, food prices, and food spending. The articles report on ERS analyses and insights on a wide variety of topics related to the U.S. food marketing system and consumer food purchasing behavior.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Loglines : January-February 2011: January-February 2011

By: Kathleen T. Rhem, Editor

Description: Loglines is the authorized publication for the Defense Logistics Agency’s workforce of federal civilians, active duty military and Joint Reserve Force augmentees at agency activities worldwide and industry customers of DLA. Contents of this publication are not necessarily the official views of, or endorsed by, the U.S. government, the Department of Defense or the Defense Logistics Agency.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Aircraft Survivability Journal : Fall 2006: Fall 2006

By: Dennis Lindell; Dale B. Atkinsons

Description: Aircraft Survivability is published three times a year by the Joint Aircraft Survivability Program Office (JASPO) chartered by the US Army Aviation & Missile Command, US Air Force Aeronautical Systems Center and US Navy Naval Air Systems Command.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Air Land Sea Bulletin : January 2009: January 2009

By: Bea Waggener

Description: Air Land Sea Application (ALSA) is a joint organization chartered to rapidly respond to Service interoperability issues.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Aircraft Survivability Journal : Fall 2010: Fall 2010

By: Dennis Lindell; Dale B. Atkinsons

Description: Aircraft Survivability is published three times a year by the Joint Aircraft Survivability Program Office (JASPO) chartered by the US Army Aviation & Missile Command, US Air Force Aeronautical Systems Center and US Navy Naval Air Systems Command.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Ko'U Lumi Mokaki

By: Eve Furchgott

Kako o a paipai ka Hale Kuamo o-Kikowaena Olelo Hawai i i ka ho okumu ana i ka olelo Hawai i, o ia ka olelo kaiapuni o na kula, o ke aupuni, o na oihana like ole, i lohe ia mai ho i ka olelo Hawai i mai o a o o Hawai i Pae Aina. Na ka Hale Kuamo o e ho omohala nei i na ha awina e pono ai ka holomua o ka olelo Hawai i ana ma na ano po aiapili like ole e like ho i me ka ha awina olelo Hawai i no na kula olelo Hawai i, na papahana kako o kumu, ka nupepa o...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Kekanaka Mahiai Pomaikai

By: Lilinoe Andrews

The internationally known Aha Punana Leo, Inc. is a non-profit organization which was established in 1983 to revitalize the nearly extinct Hawaiian language and establish schools taught entirely through that language. The following year, the organization founded the first Punana Leo school which was also the first Native American language immersion school in the United States. After the Punana Leo families changed an 1896 law banning Hawaiian language schools, the Punana...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop

By: Julie Stewart Williams

This book is one of a series originally written by faculty in a Kamehameha reading program. The books were designed to increase students' reading skills and their knowledge of Hawaiian history and culture by focusing on topics such as the Hawaiian monarchy. Some of these books have been translated from their original English into Hawaiian through the efforts of the staff of the Kamehameha Schools Hawaiian Studies Institute. We are pleased at the reception both the Engl...

"Her love for the young was great, and it was a pretty sight to see her surrounded by a group of children to whose pleasure she was ministering." Perhaps no other single sentence portrays Pauahi so accurately and so completely as this remembrance of her, published at the time of her death. It captures the essence of the princess and her legacy: love, children, service..What a beautiful experience to have been in the company of the princess and to have known her in perso...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Hawaiian Dictionary

By: Mary Kawena Pukui

Authors rarely have the privilege, after twenty-five years, of revising a work of considerable size. We are grateful to have had this privilege, because the need for a complete revision of the Hawaiian Dictionary has long been evident, judging from the response of scholars and of many other readers, not only in Hawai?i, but from all parts of the world. Work of revision, begun in 1972, has taken so long that the compilers often wondered if they would live to see the final...

In the revised dictionary we have attempted to credit Greek, Hebrew, and Latin as sources of many loan words in Hawaiian, drawing on Elbert and Knowlton's unpublished paper (1985) that lists words probably from Greek (mostly in the New Testament), Hebrew (mostly in the Old Testament), and Latin (mostly of non-Hawaiian animals and terms for Christian services). We found that the meanings of Hawaiian words in the King James Version (KJV) differed considerably from those i...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Woolwich Mathematical Papers for Admission into the Royal Military...

By: Royal Military Academy, Woolwich; Woolwich Royal Military Academy
Read More
  • Cover Image

Revue de Droit International et de Legislation Comparee

By: Institute of International Law
Read More
  • Cover Image

Report on the Progress and Condition of the United States National...

By: United States National Museum; United States National Museum. Annual Report of the Smithsonian Institution, U. S. National Museum; United States National Museum. Report of the United States National Museum; United States National Museum. Annual Report of the U. S. National Museum

Smithsonian Institution. United States National Museum; Report year ends June 30; Issued also as part of: Annual report of the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institution

Read More
  • Cover Image

Pi Wieków Drukarstwa Polskiego : Wybór Ksiek I Innych Wytworów Dru...

By: Wystawa Polskiej Sztuki Drukarskiej, Warsaw, 1922
Read More
  • Cover Image

North Atlantic Coast Fisheries. Proceedings in the North Atlantic ...

By: Permanent Court of Arbitration
Read More

|
|
Records: 1 - 20 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.