World Library  

• Cover Image

Gulliver's Travels

By: Jonathan Swift

Excerpt: My knowledge of this book foreran the sort of personal acquaintance which I made with it when I came to read it for it was one of the great books in different literatures which my father told me of and taught me to love from his own love of them.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Fairy Tales of All Nations Translated and Edited

By: Logan Marshal

Excerpt: When good King Arthur was reigning in England, there lived in the Duchy of Cornwall a countryman who had an only son called Jack.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Dutch Fairy Tales for Young Folks

By: William Elliot Griffis

A collection of over twenty Dutch fairy tales including: The Entangled Mermaid, The Princess with Twenty Petticoats, and Why the Stork Loves Holland.

Read More
  • Cover Image

Prostonarodnie Slovenske Povesti : Volume 1-4

By: Pavol Dobsinsky
Read More
  • Cover Image

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

By: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Excerpt: ADVENTURE I. A SCANDAL IN BOHEMIA I. To Sherlock Holmes she is always The woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name. In his eyes she eclipses and predominates the whole of her sex. It was not that he felt any emotion akin to love for Irene Adler. All emotions, and that one particularly, were abhorrent to his cold, precise but admirably balanced mind. He was, I take it, the most perfect reasoning and observing machine that the world has seen...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Le Petit Prince

By: Antoine De Saint-Exupery

Excerpt: ? LON WERTH; Je demande pardon aux enfants d?avoir d‚di‚ ce livre … une grande personne. J?ai une excuse s‚rieuse: cette grande personne est le meilleur ami que j?ai au monde. J?ai une autre excuse: cette grande personne peut tout comprendre, mˆme les livres pour enfants. J?ai une troisiŠme excuse: cette grande personne habite la France o— elle a faim et froid. Elle a bien besoin d?ˆtre consol‚e. Si toutes ces excuses ne suffisent pas, je veux bien d‚dier ce li...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Slovenske Pohl'Ady

By: Kusy, Ivan; Rosenbaum, Karol; Matica Slovenska
Read More
  • Cover Image

New Methods in Analytical Chemistry

By: Belcher, Ronald; Wilson, Cecil L.
Read More
  • Cover Image

A Hundred Verses from Old Japan : Introduction

By: Translated by William Porter

Electronic recorded live performance of a reading

Read More
  • Cover Image

Prostonarodnie Slovenske Povesti : Volume 5-8

By: Pavol Dobsinsky
Read More
  • Cover Image

Insan Ve Din

By: Ahmed Hulusi

Islamic Literature

Excerpt: Ustad Ahmed Hulusi?nin yay?nlanm?? tum eserlerini ve Ingilizce, Almanca, Frans?zca, ?spanyolca, Rusca, Flemenkce, Arnavutca ve Svahilice mevcut cevirilerini ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, Annotated and Accented, With Illustrat...

By: Chaucer, Geoffrey, D. 1400; Saunders, John, 1811-1895, Editor

Second edition

Currency question ; Money

Read More
  • Cover Image

Cyclopedia of Painting : Containing Useful and Valuable Informatio...

By: Armstrong, George D. (George Dodd), 1813-1899

Colors; Workshop recipes; Sloan candidate

Read More
  • Cover Image

Slovenske Pohl'Ady

Read More
  • Cover Image

The Public Domain : Enclosing the Commons of the Mind

By: James Boyle

Our music, our culture, our science, and our economic welfare all depend on a delicate balance between those ideas that are controlled and those that are free, between intellectual property and the public domain. In The Public Domain: Enclosing the Commons of the Mind (Yale University Press) James Boyle introduces readers to the idea of the public domain and describes how it is being tragically eroded by our current copyright, patent, and trademark laws. In a series of f...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Come Tell Me How You Live

By: Agatha Christie
Read More
  • Cover Image

Family and More : Enemies or Friends?

By: Helena Harper

Who influences us in our lives? How do they influence us? Whom do we call an enemy? Whom do we call a friend? And why? Why do we have relationships at all? These are the questions Helena Harper eloquently asks in her collection of poems that examines the relationships in her own life. She has had to rethink her definition of 'enemy', not least because her father was English and her mother German and they met in the aftermath of World War II in Germany. She has also been ...

Read More
  • Cover Image

Slovenske Pohl'Ady

Read More
  • Cover Image

Slovenské Ba´Jeslovie. Sosit 1

By: Pauliny Toth, Viliam, 1826-1877
Read More
  • Cover Image

Pút Lásky : Povest Z Asov Tureckých ; Serbianka : Povest Dunajská

By: Kaliniak, Ján
Read More

|
|
Records: 21 - 40 of 45 - Pages: 

Copyright © World Library Foundation. All rights reserved. eBooks from World Library are sponsored by the World Library Foundation,
a 501c(4) Member's Support Non-Profit Organization, and is NOT affiliated with any governmental agency or department.